Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Favorite

Lucky you! You get a blog post AND a Friday Favorite! Hooray! This week's Friday Favorite: My favorite mode of summer transportation.

I've been on many different sized airplanes, but can only remember a handful of experiences up in the air that were very enjoyable.  It seems as if airline companies (some, not all) are cutting short their hospitality to their guests and focus mainly on getting everyone to their destination quickly and safely (which I guess isn't a bad thing). While it's definitely a plus getting from one place to another way faster, airplanes are not my [current] favorite mode of transportation.

Even if you don't know me well enough, you'd know that I love to travel to warmer climates and beach scenes.  This almost always requires me to be complaisant with traveling from island to island on boat. I'd have to say that I love the cool breeze of wind in my hair, but if I don't pop a Dramamine in my mouth before I venture off on boat, I'd most likely get dizzy one way or another.  Thus, fun way to travel, but not my favorite.

Which brings me to my favorite mode of transportation: Biking! Ok, ok, last summer, you would have never caught me saying that biking was my favorite. You wouldn't have even caught me saying that at the beginning of this summer.  I'm bad at biking. But I recently discovered that, if you make sure you have enough air in your tires (which I somehow failed to have last summer), you're good to go! Usually I choose to drive around with the windows down in the summer, but since high gas prices are unyielding, biking is just way more efficient.

So there ya have it! Get out there and bike, people! If I can do it, so can you ;)

Happy weekend,
Biker Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment