Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Blogs are New Places, too.

I thought it would be a good idea to share a couple blogs that are up and coming and helped to fuel my urge to write again. Funny thing is, they're both beauty blogs, completely distant from the adventure theme of my own blog. Needless to say, this connects very well with the "little old me" concept of this blog (do you like how I've said blog in every sentence so far?), as I'm a very simple-minded girl when it comes to fashion and beauty. Nonetheless, I will log this in as a new adventure for me ;)

The first blog is called Yummi Beauty, written by a close friend of mine, Jennifer De La Rosa. It's comforting, to say the least, having a friend testing and reviewing beauty products that I usually opt out of trying on my own. Her tested products range from makeup to hair needs, and vary in price as well.  An added plus to her blog: FOOD. If you're hungry, you probably should wait until you've had a bite to eat before you take a peek at her blog because she has tons of pictures of the food adventures she's been on!

The second blog is the beauty department, created by three wonderful ladies, one being Lauren Conrad, a trusted fashionista spotted on tv and anywhere else fashion is! I love how these three ladies join forces to tackle all the simple hair, makeup and beauty dos that many of us are usually hesitant to try. Tutorial videos are an added plus and I'm already inspired to try a few of their suggestions (I know how to correctly curl my hair while using the clamp!). Definitely a website to check out if you need the encouragement or ideas to try something new!

Anyways, stay tuned for my own adventures into the beauty world - I'm sure I'll have some new things to show you ;)

Cheers!
Rowie

No comments:

Post a Comment